Summary: HTP Inc. Paratransit Operators are responsible for responding to requests for service, transporting patients in secured wheelchairs, transferring care of patients and documenting these activities on paper.
Primary Job Duties:
The following duties are considered essential to the job.
- Supports the HTP Inc. philosophy, mission and core values.
- Provides prompt, courteous transportation services to patients who lack the means of transportation or who require transportation via wheelchair van to and/or from facilities, private residents or practice locations.
- Adheres to the motor vehicle regulations of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Responsible for providing transportation services to patients in an orderly, safe and timely manner.
- Must be able to organize trips to provide effective and efficient transports for the client.
- Performs pre-shift vehicle safety inspection.
- Responsible for maintaining daily record of trips.
- Responsible for the cleaning of the interior and exterior of the vans.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Human Relations / Contact and Communications:
The Transport Driver will have direct contact with patients. Diplomacy, tact, sensitivity and confidentiality are required at all times.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
This position requires many hours of driving and assisting patients to and from the vehicle via wheelchair. Applicant cannot have physical requirements that would preclude them from performing these functions. Good vision is imperative. The driver must be able to read, understand and apply departmental instructions relevant to the job function. Possess ability to interact effectively with staff and patients, plan, organize and execute daily duties in a precise, yet flexible manner and possess physical and mental stamina to perform assigned work.
|Education||High School Diploma or G.E.D.|
|Age||21 years or older|